1. If you leave any space between your car and the car in front of you, this is considered an invitation for other cars to pull into your lane in front of you. If you don't wish to offer this option, follow as closely as you can to the car in front of you.
2. "No Turn On Red" signs were ruled unconstitutional and may be safely ignored.
3. Certain intersections are designed to provide obvious and careful ways to turn left across traffic, including clearly marked turn lanes, specific traffic light signals and signs saying "Left Turn Signal".
...but you don't have to use those lanes.
4. Red lights are only guidelines; if you really need to go through the intersection, you can. Even if the cars pointed at you have started to move.
5. If nobody crashed, who cares?
(this is a joke)